Abiding {Day 13} – Strength in Waiting

(photo credit)

Have you ever waited on God for answers to prayer?  Have you ever waited for Him to come and bring refreshing to your soul?  It can feel like eternity, this waiting.  And it’s hard to not allow our minds to wander to the place of fear and doubt.

But God said to wait, to be strong and to have courage.

Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!  (Psalm 27:14)

He is the God who strengthens us during times of waiting.  For we must believe that God has a time and a place for everything.  In our microwave society, we want it now.  Why should we have to wait?  Surely, this is Your will Lord.  We must trust.  He who knows the beginning from the end.  He who sees all things.  He has a plan.  His purposes will be fulfilled.  He is faithful to the end.   As we trust  and wait, He will strengthen us and not allow us to grow tired or weary.

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.  (Isaiah 40:31)

I am so thankful that in times when I feel I have not the strength to continue in my pursuit, that God comes in with strength for my weary heart.

*The last couple of days have been extremely busy for me.  I apologize this post is so late.

*This is Day 13 of a 31 day series on “Abiding”. You can find all of my posts in this series here. And be sure to stop by some of the other 31Dayers. Over 700 bloggers have linked up so far! There is something for everyone!

Share on Facebook8Tweet about this on Twitter0Google+0Share on LinkedIn0Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0

Receive The Daily Brew updates by email!
* = required field

Comments

1. yolanda campbell says

I am there now and have been for quite for some time. I have always loved this verse.Thanks so much for sharing it.

2. Anonymous says

Thank you for this beautiful word, my friend!  I am in a VERY busy season right now.  Some days it is completely overwhelming.  But I have searched my schedule and cannot see a way to slow it down.  Instead the Lord is speaking to me (over and over and over again)  about His strength.  It’s His strength that I need to rely on each day…not my own.  What a simple truth and yet so difficult to grasp sometimes.

That is my life verse! Yes, our family has been through a waiting period. For quite some time we have been in the “winter” period, but we are now entering the “spring” and it is all because of Him.

Barbie, of all my favorite verses, this one was especially needed today.  I won’t weigh you down with the reasons why but I needed to be reminded His strength is always there for us.  I appreciate your writing and your love of God’s Word.

5. Mrs. H says

Here via The Mommy Matters’ Spotlight Saturday… great scripture, great reminder. Thank you. I’ve been struggling with my own “waiting” issues myself. Trying to be content in the now.
    I will be back to check out the rest of your 31. (I’m doing 31 Days of Kicking Out Excuses).

6. Courtney K says

I needed to read this today. And yesterday. And days before. Thank you. I can’t tell you how much I needed this.

Trackbacks

1. […] Strength in Waiting by Barbie @ My Freshly Brewed Life: I love when God speaks to me through someone else’s words and writing. It makes me happy; and it’s always just another one of those great reassurances that YES he hears me and knows my heart. Barbie’s post felt like a weight lifting off my shoulders. You know how hard it can get when you pray and pray and pray and feel like you aren’t getting anywhere or being heard? This was God’s way of telling me that he was hearing me. And that I just need to hold onto my faith. And wait. […]