The Weekend Brew: My Portion

sharing glimpses of His love & sprinkles of His grace

The Weekend Brew: My Portion

By Barbie   /     Feb 04, 2012  /     The Weekend Brew  /

© visi.stock – Fotolia.com

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  (Psalm 73:26)

This week my flesh has been tempted by many things, and today I gave in to chocolate.  I was free of sugar for just two days and then lost sight of the goal.  It grieved me that I could give in to such temporary pleasure.  My flesh failed me today, and my heart was sad.  But in those times when I am weak, God is still strong.  I want to remember that He is the greatest fulfillment of all.  He alone is my portion.  He provides hope, encouragement and joy to my heart.  Next time, I will remember to lean into His strength!

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a simple scripture with simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

About Barbie

I am wife and mom to four beautiful children. I have been marked by the love of a relentless God who never stops pursuing me. My desire is to encourage you on your own journey, giving you glimpses of His love and sprinkles of His grace along the way.

1. Charina Says: February 5, 2012 2:10 am

Sending you a virtual hug Barbie. Praying for you friend.

2. Susan Pardoe Says: February 5, 2012 4:24 am

Tomorrow is a new day Barbie!  Rest in that…and the fact that His mercies are new every morning.  :)  Blessings to you!
    Susan

3. Jenilee Goodwin Says: February 5, 2012 5:38 am

oh, that verse is perfect for me today! thanks!

4. Jamie Joseph Says: February 5, 2012 6:08 am

Happy Sunday, Barbie!  I am sipping my cup of coffee and enjoying Fresh Brewed Sundays with you and all the wonderful blogs that join in!

Be Blessed!

5. Child of God Says: February 5, 2012 7:40 am

Isn’t it amazing how God has given us a new day, a fresh start to try again. :) Praying for you my friend.
    Blessings,

6. Nikki Says: February 5, 2012 7:42 am

What a perfect verse, Barbie! So thankful for new mercies. Today is a new day! Revel in Him! (and just remember—you’re worth it.) :)

7. Laura Rath Says: February 5, 2012 8:16 am

Hi Barbie,
    God led us to similar verses again this week! Last week – protection, this week – strength. I love to see how He works!

Have a blessed week,
    Laura

8. Joan Says: February 5, 2012 11:16 am

Barbie – we all stumble and fall, but God is there to pick us up. He never condemns us, just surrounds us with His love.

9. dailydwelling Says: February 5, 2012 11:58 am

Just remember that Jesus doesn’t condemn us when we fail, He only asks that we come to Him. He is there with you to be your comfort in this battle…in every battle! My prayers are with you as well. ((Hugs))

10. Rosann Says: February 5, 2012 12:05 pm

Barbie, this verse is just what I needed to end and begin my week with.  I have felt so weak lately as the emotions of the past three years start to fully release from my heart.  And the enemy has gotten into my head making an attempt to scare me.  It’s the “okay, this crisis is over, what’s going to happen to us next” scenario.  Thank you for reminding me that even in my weakness, God is always there and He is always strong.

Blessings, friend!
    ~Rosann

• Barbie Says: February 6, 2012 10:55 pm

Rosann, I understand completely.  My mind has gone there lately, as if waiting for the next rock to fall.  I want to learn to trust His goodness, that even in the midst of a hard season, He is still good.

11. Shelly Says: February 5, 2012 1:50 pm

Don’t know about you, but as soon as I decide to abstain from something it becomes my biggest temptation to overcome. Thank God for grace! And thank you for the linky today. Blessings!

12. Kerri Smith Says: February 5, 2012 6:35 pm

A beautiful verse! I needed this tonight…I too gave into the chocolate after dinner! I am so thankful that even when I fail, He is there to pick me up, encourage and strengthen. I am also thankful for friends like you who understand the ups and downs of this journey! Praying for you this week, my friend!!