The Weekend Brew: Arise and Shine!

My son has been capturing the most amazing sunrises with his iPhone in the mornings.  This picture in particular really spoke to me.  It reminded me that every day I have an opportunity, probably many opportunities, to bring glory to God.  Sometimes I get stuck in a rut and think that I have nothing to offer.  But God says, “arise and shine”!  He has gifted me with unique talents and abilities, and I get to use those gifts in partnership with Him to bring glory to His name.

What are you going to do today to bring Him glory?

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Google+0Share on LinkedIn0Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0

Receive The Daily Brew updates by email!
* = required field

Comments

That is an AMAZING photo! Great job, Ryan!
    and what a perfect message to go with it.
    Yes, tomorrow when I rise, I’m going to strive to shine — for Him!
    To God be the glory…
    Beautiful encouragement, friend. Thank you!

2. laura deleon says

Hey Barbie, you are right…we have many opportunities to glorify God – i must remember this too.  Great photo from Ryan too!

3. Dawn Paoletta says

Beautiful! Amazing one can catch the sun with a phone like that! Thanks, I will link up later on Sunday!

Barbie, your insight today is inspiring! I forget that I have something to offer God every day. Thanks for sharing and hosting the link up.
    God bless,
    Laura

I love photos of sunrises and this one is really beautiful. The parable of the talents has been on my mind of late and how we are not to hide the talents God gave us. We use them, not for our glory, but Hi.

Blessings!

Thank you for this, friend.  This morning was a rough morning for me (thanks to morning sickness), but this is a beautiful reminder that He has called me to arise and shine no matter what.  :)

7. Noreen Taylor says

Hi Barbie, I just saw your comment at Loren’s blog and wonder if this is why we haven’t been connecting-you are now on Word Press. Since I haven’t seen you for ages, I’m thinking this must be the reason behind our missing eachother.  Hope you are well.
    In His Love, Noreen

• says

Noreen, thank you for commenting again. I’ve done some digging and just found your blog again. I’ve now added you to my Reeder so I won’t lose you again. I’ve missed you!

what a fantastic photo and such a perfect scripture verse!
    my desire is to arise and shine for Him!!
    blessings, my friend and thank you for this nudge

9. amber says

gorgeous!

i love the idea of women sharing scripture and insights together~
    blogging is such a  neat tool to encourage the body of Christ from all over the world..
    and having never met!! :)

blessings to you!