The Weekend Brew: Declare His Works

sharing glimpses of His love & sprinkles of His grace

The Weekend Brew: Declare His Works

By Barbie   /     Mar 24, 2012  /     The Weekend Brew  /

Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.
One generation commends your works to another;
they tell of your mighty acts.
They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
They tell of the power of your awesome works—
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
They celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

Reflecting today on the importance of declaring His works so that the next generation — my children and my children’s children — will also proclaim his deeds.  May my lips never cease to give Him praise and may I continue to share his goodness with the generation which is being raised up under me.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

About Barbie

I am wife and mom to four beautiful children. I have been marked by the love of a relentless God who never stops pursuing me. My desire is to encourage you on your own journey, giving you glimpses of His love and sprinkles of His grace along the way.

1. Elizabeth Says: March 24, 2012 9:57 pm

That  is one of the missions of my life, to pass on to my children and grandchildren the things God has done.  Thank you so much for all you do to host this linky.

Reply this comment
  2. Shelly Miller Says: March 25, 2012 5:27 am

I think about this often Barbie and hope I am doing this well in my own home. Happy Sunday to you my friend.

Reply this comment
  3. Joan Says: March 25, 2012 5:35 am

This reminds me of another verse in Psalms, “Let this be written for a future generation so that a people not yet created will praise the Lord.”

Have a blessed week!

Reply this comment
  4. Child of God Says: March 25, 2012 11:43 am

Hi Barbie,
    It is so important to pass God and His Word down to our children and their children. I am so glad that God promised us that is we taught our children about Him and His Story, then they would never depart from it. My grandma and her grandma were praying into their grandchildren down through the generations. I too am doing this, praying into my generational line.

Blessings,

Reply this comment
  5. Kerri Smith Says: March 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Beautiful verse!! I love how it does not restrict us to just share with the generations under us. My mom and dad have had the opportunity to not just share His love with myself and my brother and now their grandchildren but also with their own mothers. Both of their moms became Christians shortly before they went home to be with their Lord.
    With this in mind, not only will I continue to live and share His love with my children and my grandchildren but also with my husbands parents who are still searching!
    “One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts.”
    Have a blessed week, my friend!

Reply this comment
  6. Nikki Says: March 26, 2012 11:34 am

Yes! may my lips never cease giving Him praise…
    thanks for the encouragement, friend! (I’ve been sick and am still trying to figure out a new blogging schedule while trying to take the Sabbath off the computer. I should be back, ready to link up next week!)

Reply this comment
    • Barbie Says: March 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Oh no worries!  I am going to try my hardest to have the link up available by 8:00pm (East Coast Time) from now on on Saturdays.  Hopefully that will help!  Hope you feel better soon.

Reply this comment