The Weekend Brew: His Resting Place

sharing glimpses of His love & sprinkles of His grace

The Weekend Brew: His Resting Place

By Barbie   /     Mar 10, 2012  /     The Weekend Brew  /

© Christopher Meder – Fotolia.com

This is what the LORD says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be? (Isaiah 66:1)

I was singing this portion of scripture in the House of Prayer last week.  I remember pausing for a moment, and asking myself, “am I preparing a resting place for you, Lord”?  When my heart is full of unrest, worry, agitation, unforgiveness and resentment, I do not believe the Lord can find that place of rest within my heart.  I struggle sometimes to make my heart a calm and peaceful place.  The beautiful thing is that He chooses to remain with me and abide in me, despite my imperfections.  I want to be filled with His fullness.  I am spending time this week “cleaning the home of my heart” so that He will abide deeper still.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

About Barbie

I am wife and mom to four beautiful children. I have been marked by the love of a relentless God who never stops pursuing me. My desire is to encourage you on your own journey, giving you glimpses of His love and sprinkles of His grace along the way.

1. Shelly Miller Says: March 11, 2012 5:01 am

Barbie, this is such a good reminder that his house is within each one of us. That He wants to rest with us and we need to let go of what empedes that. Looking forward to worship today, to let go.

2. Veronica Says: March 11, 2012 5:19 am

It is only by God’s power and grace that my heart is ever calm and peaceful :) I cant seem to find the Freshly Brewed Sunday code to put the button on my post…can you point me to it? Thank you :)

3. Child of God Says: March 11, 2012 7:38 am

Hi Barbie,
    Isn’t it amazing that God wants to be with us? The closer we grow with Him the more He shows us what is not right in us, urging us to clean. I am so thankful that God wants to rest in us. How awesome.

Blessings,

4. A Blooming Spirit Says: March 11, 2012 8:54 am

Barbie, what a great reminder that sometimes we need to “clean the house” .  I think as we grow closer in Him, God makes us aware through many ways (like your hymn) that we need to make space for Him, to be able to rest and have a calm and peaceful heart.  He is after all the great Comforter.

• Barbie Says: March 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Yes!  He truly is the comforter.  I tend to forget that in the hustle and bustle that is my life that He is right there, waiting to bring calm, peace and comfort.  Thanks for stopping by!

5. Jennifer_StudioJRU Says: March 11, 2012 1:21 pm

Beautiful thoughts Barbie… a wonderful reminder! What a breathtaking image. Wow! :)

6. Sherrey Meyer Says: March 11, 2012 1:29 pm

Barbie, I often worry about “cleaning house,” and forget that I need to clean His house as well — ME!  Thanks for a timely reminder.  :)

I’d love to hook up with you on Sundays but right now our travel keeps me balancing how I prioritize my time.  In due course, I’ll be able to be here on Sundays.

7. Barbie Says: March 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Veronica, I emailed you the code!

8. Laura Rath Says: March 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Sometimes time spent with the Lord is the only way I can rest, and He’s always there waiting for me.
    Blessings Barbie,
    Laura

9. Elizabethtembo Says: March 11, 2012 11:05 pm

This made me think of a beautiful song I used to sing all the time…..”come and make my heart your home, come and be everything I am and all I know search me through and through until my heart becomes a home for you”

10. Positively Alene Says: March 12, 2012 7:58 am

I’m going to join you in this – I am spending time this week “cleaning the home of my heart” so that He will abide deeper still.

Thanks for the reminder that I’m in need of a massive spring cleaning. Love you friend and your precious words here.

11. Jen@A Drop in the Bucket Says: March 12, 2012 9:14 am

Oh, this really IS a good reminder. I am needing to be more peaceful, grateful and content.  Which would make a good home in my heart for Him.  Thanks for the reminder.  OH, and glad I found this link-up, I think I might be joining in in the future.

12. Nikki Says: March 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Striving to make my heart a calm and peaceful place….yes. I need to focus on this more. Wonderful reminder, Barbie! This is one reason why I love you so : )