The Weekend Brew

The Weekend Brew: His Resting Place

March 10, 2012

© Christopher Meder - Fotolia.com

This is what the LORD says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be? (Isaiah 66:1)

I was singing this portion of scripture in the House of Prayer last week.  I remember pausing for a moment, and asking myself, “am I preparing a resting place for you, Lord”?  When my heart is full of unrest, worry, agitation, unforgiveness and resentment, I do not believe the Lord can find that place of rest within my heart.  I struggle sometimes to make my heart a calm and peaceful place.  The beautiful thing is that He chooses to remain with me and abide in me, despite my imperfections.  I want to be filled with His fullness.  I am spending time this week “cleaning the home of my heart” so that He will abide deeper still.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

You Might Also Like

• Reply Shelly Miller March 11, 2012 at 5:01 am

Barbie, this is such a good reminder that his house is within each one of us. That He wants to rest with us and we need to let go of what empedes that. Looking forward to worship today, to let go.

• Reply Barbie March 11, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Praying you had a beautiful Sunday filled with worship and His presence.

• Reply Veronica March 11, 2012 at 5:19 am

It is only by God’s power and grace that my heart is ever calm and peaceful :) I cant seem to find the Freshly Brewed Sunday code to put the button on my post…can you point me to it? Thank you :)

• Reply Child of God March 11, 2012 at 7:38 am

Hi Barbie,
    Isn’t it amazing that God wants to be with us? The closer we grow with Him the more He shows us what is not right in us, urging us to clean. I am so thankful that God wants to rest in us. How awesome.

Blessings,

• Reply Barbie March 11, 2012 at 6:09 pm

It’s hard to understand it sometimes.  I am so thankful He desires continual fellowship with me.

• Reply A Blooming Spirit March 11, 2012 at 8:54 am

Barbie, what a great reminder that sometimes we need to “clean the house” .  I think as we grow closer in Him, God makes us aware through many ways (like your hymn) that we need to make space for Him, to be able to rest and have a calm and peaceful heart.  He is after all the great Comforter.

• Reply Barbie March 11, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Yes!  He truly is the comforter.  I tend to forget that in the hustle and bustle that is my life that He is right there, waiting to bring calm, peace and comfort.  Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply Jennifer_StudioJRU March 11, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Beautiful thoughts Barbie… a wonderful reminder! What a breathtaking image. Wow! :)

• Reply Barbie March 11, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Yes, I love the image.  I only wish I had taken it.  So beautiful.

• Reply Sherrey Meyer March 11, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Barbie, I often worry about “cleaning house,” and forget that I need to clean His house as well — ME!  Thanks for a timely reminder.  :)

I’d love to hook up with you on Sundays but right now our travel keeps me balancing how I prioritize my time.  In due course, I’ll be able to be here on Sundays.

• Reply Barbie March 11, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Sherrey, I completely understand.  And by just coming here and commenting you are joining in!  Have a beautiful week my friend.

• Reply Barbie March 11, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Veronica, I emailed you the code!

• Reply Laura Rath March 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Sometimes time spent with the Lord is the only way I can rest, and He’s always there waiting for me.
    Blessings Barbie,
    Laura

• Reply Barbie March 12, 2012 at 7:57 am

So true.  There is rest in His presence!

• Reply Elizabethtembo March 11, 2012 at 11:05 pm

This made me think of a beautiful song I used to sing all the time…..”come and make my heart your home, come and be everything I am and all I know search me through and through until my heart becomes a home for you”

• Reply Barbie March 12, 2012 at 7:58 am

Sounds like a beautiful song!

• Reply Positively Alene March 12, 2012 at 7:58 am

I’m going to join you in this — I am spending time this week “cleaning the home of my heart” so that He will abide deeper still.

Thanks for the reminder that I’m in need of a massive spring cleaning. Love you friend and your precious words here.

• Reply Barbie March 12, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Thank you Alene!

• Reply Jen@A Drop in the Bucket March 12, 2012 at 9:14 am

Oh, this really IS a good reminder. I am needing to be more peaceful, grateful and content.  Which would make a good home in my heart for Him.  Thanks for the reminder.  OH, and glad I found this link-up, I think I might be joining in in the future.

• Reply Barbie March 12, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Jen, I would love it if you joined in as the Lord leads!

• Reply Nikki March 12, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Striving to make my heart a calm and peaceful place….yes. I need to focus on this more. Wonderful reminder, Barbie! This is one reason why I love you so : )

• Reply Barbie March 12, 2012 at 9:44 pm