The Weekend Brew: With Wings As Eagles

sharing glimpses of His love & sprinkles of His grace

The Weekend Brew: With Wings As Eagles

By Barbie   /     Apr 28, 2012  /     The Weekend Brew  /

© sursad – Fotolia.com

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  (Isaiah 40:31)

I‘ve been a little tired lately.  There is so much going on in my life right now.  Family, ministry, work, final preparations for my daughter’s wedding in just about 7 weeks!  Needless to say, I’ve been overwhelmed, tired and somewhat cranky.  I look around my house and realize I’ve been neglecting my role as “homemaker” — piles of laundry falling off the couch, dust collecting in corners, old food found in the refrigerator.  But God has reminded me today that I simply cannot do it all.  My role is to place my trust and hope in the LORD, and He will give me the strength I need to accomplish all that I must do.  What does it mean to “soar with wings like eagles”?  An eagle glides effortlessly through the sky.  That’s how the LORD desire we be.  Life is so much easier with Him.  He promises that we will not grow weary and faint.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

About Barbie

I am wife and mom to four beautiful children. I have been marked by the love of a relentless God who never stops pursuing me. My desire is to encourage you on your own journey, giving you glimpses of His love and sprinkles of His grace along the way.

1. Elizabeth Stewart Says: April 28, 2012 5:22 pm

I didn’t realize you had a daughter getting married.  As mama to three girls,  two of them married, I know how stressful wedding preparations can  be.  I’m stopping to pray for you right now.

2. Pingback: Weekend Reflections ~ Transformed

3. Joan Says: April 28, 2012 5:59 pm

You do have a lot on your plate. Today, I had great plans to do housework, laundry, and even some yardwork. Alas, I awoke with an ear ache, so I spent most of the day resting. But resting in the Lord can accomplish much. We rest in Him so we can soar.  Blessings!

4. Laura Rath Says: April 28, 2012 6:34 pm

One of my favorite verses! Blessings to you Barbie!
    Rely on the Lord, He will supply you with all you need.

5. Shelly Miller Says: April 28, 2012 7:13 pm

I sat at a stop light the other day, mezmorized by an eagle soaring overhead, the way he moved and tilted in the breeze to get where he wanted to go. It was aweseome. Thanks for reminding me of that random moment and congrats on your daughter getting married. You just may need a vacation soon!

6. Nikki Says: April 28, 2012 7:19 pm

oh how I love that verse…

Friend, your plate is more than full…Praying you feel like that eagle this week. May you not even realize how far you’ve come until you get there — that’s how I see effortless. I’m praying for you and sending lots of cyber hugs!

7. Child of God Says: April 28, 2012 7:29 pm

This verse is another one of my favourites!
    Barbie hon you work too hard. You really shouldn’t worry about your home not being perfect. Don’t let it stress you out. My sister-in-law had a full time job +, she raised 3 children and they did all the sports and my brother worked full time as well, needless to say their house was very busy all the time. I loved her outlook…”leave the home, do the necessary stuff but don’t worry about it because it will always be there to clean and I want to make sure I am around to enjoy my children and then grandchildren.” The children are grown and gone and the house is still there, in a cleaner and more organized state but the work is there and the kids are not. The kids have wonderful memories of a happy home, healthy parents and fun times. Your daughters wedding is coming up so fast! What a joyful time. :)Blessings,

8. Beth Zimmerman Says: April 28, 2012 7:36 pm

One of my absolute favorite verses!

9. Shari @ Leaving A Legacy Says: April 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Thank you for hosting and for this encouraging post!

10. Charina Says: April 29, 2012 3:16 am

Love this verse Barbie! Have a lot on my plate too, so I am a little bit quiet on my end as well. Resting in Him…

11. Anonymous Says: April 29, 2012 4:17 am

Barbie, I understand my friend.  I don’t have a wedding to plan, but it seems like life never slows down.  I feel like I’m neglecting my time with the Lord the most.  My house — yeah, things don’t get done and I can’t even pack another item in my fridge … but I miss quiet times with God.

I had a dream the other night that I was having a vision of a huge eagle flying.  Your picture reminded me of that.

Love and hugs,
    Beth

12. Michele-Lyn Ault Says: April 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Ah… we CANNOT do it all, but we certainly wear ourselves out trying, don’t we? I love this verse… I need this verse! Congratulations on your daughters wedding. What a beautiful time in your life to celebrate :)

Blessings to you, friend :)

13. Anonymous Says: April 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi Barbie,

Wow! You do have a lot on your plate…praying that God will give you His strength and peace and lots of community to rally @ you.

14. rmoon2004 Says: April 29, 2012 4:11 pm

I know what it is to be tired, and yes, you need to gather your occupants close by and ask them for help.  Then sing your blues away!

15. Shanda Oakley Says: April 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Hang in there. I don’t have a daughter getting married but I do know the feelings of being overwelmed and having too much on my plate.  I pray you can rest and will be able to soar like an eagle!

16. charis Says: April 29, 2012 7:30 pm

I love this passage. Great timing to share it- I am so tired and need some refreshing (and good sleep!).

17. Patsy Paterno Says: April 30, 2012 6:24 am

An eagle uses the storm to rise higher, to lift it higher. As Christians, isn’t it great that we can use our challenges as stepping stones? Take the time to breathe!!! Blessings! :^) patsy

18. Kerri Smith Says: April 30, 2012 9:43 am

great verse…great reminder!!
    praying for you friend!

19. Jennifer Camp Says: April 30, 2012 10:41 am

Barbie, sweet friend, I am praying for your strength, your heart’s and energy’s renewal.  I pray you feel the Father with you, holding you, carrying through all these tasks.  No, we cannot do it all.  We are weak.  He is our strength.  There, in Him, my strength is found.  I loved taking in this verse and this amazing photo today.  {Yes, let me be that, Father, soaring, like the eagle, Your wings giving me strength, Your Spirit lifting me, giving me everything I need. }  Thank you for this, Barbie.  You are such a gift to my heart.

20. Jenilee Goodwin Says: May 1, 2012 6:44 am

life can be so busy sometimes! I love that God’s promises hold us up!

21. Traci Says: May 1, 2012 9:11 am

amen and yes we can’t do it all.  thanks for your faithfulness!!!  Love, Traci