The Weekend Brew: Wholehearted Devotion

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
(Jeremiah 29:13)

When I feel distant from the Lord, I ask myself if there is anything, any part of my heart that I am withholding from Him. He promises that when I seek Him with my whole heart, that I will find Him.  On those days when He seems far away, I ask the Lord to come, to purify my heart so that I can seek him wholeheartedly.  I don’t want to hold anything back.  I want to give Him my all!

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

Join me!

Barbie

I am wife, mom to 4 beautiful children, sister, daughter and friend. I have been marked by the love of a relentless God who never stops pursuing me. My desire is to encourage you on your journey, giving you glimpses of His love and sprinkles of His grace along the way.
Join me!

Comments

Oh, you just know all my favorite verses, don’t you Barbie.
    We are kindred on this one…striving with you, friend, to have Him become my all in all!

2. Elizabeth Stewart says

Thank you Barbie.  I’ve had a couple of hard days and feel myself shutting down a bit.  I don’t want to do that, I want to be whole hearted no matter what.

Hi Barbie,
    There are times I can’t feel His presence, but without a doubt, I know He’s there. I believe the “knowing” is part of my growth and trust in Him.
    Thanks for hosting every Sunday!
    God bless,
    Laura

4. BethFerrell says

There is such a sweet fragrance of the Lord on your blog Barbie.  I know it is because you DO seek Him.   I love this scripture.

BTW … I have tried twice to link up, but Mr. Linky is being a stinky!  So far I haven’t had success.  We shall see.

Love and hugs,
    Beth

This verse has been on my heart this week. So often we quote Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you…” but we forget the following verses.  Very encouraging scripture.

Blessings,
    Joan

Come, Lord Jesus, come into my heart and make me whole. God never leaves us, it is us who walk away from Him, either intentionally or unintentionally when life gets busy. Isn’t it amazing, that all we have to do is stop and turn to face Him? Cry out Lord help me and He is right there drawing us closer into Him.
    I love this verse. It gives me a warm, comforting feeling deep into my inner being. I am glad you posted this today for another reminder of His deep, caring love for us. :)

God Bless,

• says

Today in our preschool class we taught the children about the importance of stopping and listening for Jesus’ voice.  Although He is always speaking, we hear more of what He wants to say when we slow down, when we stop.

• says

I love that He’s always waiting for us.  He never moves.  We are the ones who move.  It’s  choice.  We either move towards Him, or away from Him.  But He remains constant and waits for us to look for Him.

• says

Me too, my friend, which is why I posted this verse.  Seeking Him out with you today, and tomorrow, and every day after that.