The Weekend Brew: Wholehearted Devotion

sharing glimpses of His love & sprinkles of His grace

The Weekend Brew: Wholehearted Devotion

By Barbie   /     May 05, 2012  /     The Weekend Brew  /

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
(Jeremiah 29:13)

When I feel distant from the Lord, I ask myself if there is anything, any part of my heart that I am withholding from Him. He promises that when I seek Him with my whole heart, that I will find Him.  On those days when He seems far away, I ask the Lord to come, to purify my heart so that I can seek him wholeheartedly.  I don’t want to hold anything back.  I want to give Him my all!

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

About Barbie

I am wife and mom to four beautiful children. I have been marked by the love of a relentless God who never stops pursuing me. My desire is to encourage you on your own journey, giving you glimpses of His love and sprinkles of His grace along the way.

1. Shari @ Leaving A Legacy Says: May 5, 2012 7:40 pm

I loved this. Thank you for reminding me that I need to seek Him with my whole heart. Your picture was beautiful. I wish that was in my back yard.

2. Nikki Says: May 5, 2012 7:44 pm

Oh, you just know all my favorite verses, don’t you Barbie.
    We are kindred on this one…striving with you, friend, to have Him become my all in all!

3. Elizabeth Stewart Says: May 5, 2012 7:59 pm

Thank you Barbie.  I’ve had a couple of hard days and feel myself shutting down a bit.  I don’t want to do that, I want to be whole hearted no matter what.

4. Laura Rath Says: May 5, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi Barbie,
    There are times I can’t feel His presence, but without a doubt, I know He’s there. I believe the “knowing” is part of my growth and trust in Him.
    Thanks for hosting every Sunday!
    God bless,
    Laura

5. Barbie Says: May 5, 2012 10:20 pm

I wish that was in my backyard as well!  Thank you for stopping over today Shari!

6. BethFerrell Says: May 6, 2012 1:56 am

There is such a sweet fragrance of the Lord on your blog Barbie.  I know it is because you DO seek Him.   I love this scripture.

BTW … I have tried twice to link up, but Mr. Linky is being a stinky!  So far I haven’t had success.  We shall see.

Love and hugs,
    Beth

7. Charina Says: May 6, 2012 2:20 am

Thank you for this beautiful reminder Barbie.

8. Joan Says: May 6, 2012 4:11 am

This verse has been on my heart this week. So often we quote Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you…” but we forget the following verses.  Very encouraging scripture.

Blessings,
    Joan

9. Child of God Says: May 6, 2012 6:59 am

Come, Lord Jesus, come into my heart and make me whole. God never leaves us, it is us who walk away from Him, either intentionally or unintentionally when life gets busy. Isn’t it amazing, that all we have to do is stop and turn to face Him? Cry out Lord help me and He is right there drawing us closer into Him.
    I love this verse. It gives me a warm, comforting feeling deep into my inner being. I am glad you posted this today for another reminder of His deep, caring love for us. :)

God Bless,

• Barbie Says: May 6, 2012 11:30 pm

Today in our preschool class we taught the children about the importance of stopping and listening for Jesus’ voice.  Although He is always speaking, we hear more of what He wants to say when we slow down, when we stop.

10. charis Says: May 6, 2012 7:20 am

great passage!  always encouraging that He wants us to find Him.

• Barbie Says: May 6, 2012 11:31 pm

I love that He’s always waiting for us.  He never moves.  We are the ones who move.  It’s  choice.  We either move towards Him, or away from Him.  But He remains constant and waits for us to look for Him.

11. Jennifer_StudioJRU Says: May 6, 2012 11:07 am

Beautiful verse and thoughts Barbie. Perfect peaceful photo to go along with it! Have a wonderful Sunday! :)

12. Laurie Collett Says: May 6, 2012 11:14 am

Thank you for the beautiful reminder to seek and to love Him with all our heart, mind and soul.
    Love in Him,
    Laurie

13. Gina Hyatt Says: May 6, 2012 2:47 pm

Good word, I need to find Him again today! :)

14. Barbie Says: May 6, 2012 11:32 pm

Thank you Laurie.  Have a blessed week.

15. Kerri Smith Says: May 7, 2012 4:16 am

love this beautiful reminder to seek Him with all of our heart!  joining you in seeking wholeheartedly!
    have a beautiful week, friend!