Five Minute Friday: Stay

sharing glimpses of His love & sprinkles of His grace

Five Minute Friday: Stay

By Barbie   /     Nov 15, 2012  /     My 5 Minute Fridays  /

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Stay

(photo credit)

Stay here with Me.

Breathe in every moment.  Do you feel My presence in the wind?

Take My hand and let’s walk together, side by side.  Do you see the light breaking through?

Come, stay with Me, and leave your cares and worries behind.

Stay with Me.  I promise that I will never  leave you.

Walk with Me.  I promise to lead you safely along the path.

Stand Still.  I promise to guard you and protect you.

Will you come and sit?  Will you come and stay a while?

I long to share My heart with you.

Stay in this moment, where it’s just you and Me.

Five Minute Friday

About Barbie

I am wife and mom to four beautiful children. I have been marked by the love of a relentless God who never stops pursuing me. My desire is to encourage you on your own journey, giving you glimpses of His love and sprinkles of His grace along the way.

1. denise Says: November 16, 2012 12:28 am

Such a lovely post.
    denise recently posted..Five Minute Friday/Stay

2. Rebekah@weliveinspired Says: November 16, 2012 12:37 am

I would love to come and stay awhile! This sounds wonderful to me!! Lovely writing today :) you are my next door neighbor at FMF.
    Rebekah@weliveinspired recently posted..“Soul-full Seasons” -Series on Change Pt. 3 (Five Min. Friday)

3. Mary Says: November 16, 2012 3:32 am

Barbie, this is lovely…just lovely.
    Mary recently posted..The battle at the scale…

4. Debbie Says: November 16, 2012 5:03 am

I think we were on the same page today for this one. Stay in His presence. It’s the best place to be Barbie.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Stay

5. Jennifer {StudioJRU} Says: November 16, 2012 5:06 am

Breathe in every moment. Yes. Wonderful, Barbie.
    Jennifer {StudioJRU} recently posted..this week in the studio… new original art.

6. Jennifer peterson Says: November 16, 2012 6:10 am

So beautiful!! Lovely post Barbie.
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..Stay

7. Nikki Says: November 16, 2012 8:46 am

Yes! He whispers this to me, too…

you reminded me of that Bethel song “A Little Longer” By Jenn Johnson. do you know it? I wanted to write on that, but I have a couple times already : ) So thank you. for this. Loved it!
    Nikki recently posted..STAY ~ Five Minute Friday

8. ~Karrilee~ Says: November 16, 2012 9:31 am

As usual… beautiful! It brought me back to a season (YEARS ago!) of 2 a.m. feedings and sleep-deprived days when the Lord would wake me up and ask me to just come and “Be with Him”. Those quiet midnight moments spent simply sitting with Him shaped me… while I was shaping her! LOVED this!!!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – STAY

9. Allison Says: November 16, 2012 2:17 pm

So great! What a comforting thought–sitting with God for a while! Really enjoy reading what you have each week! :)

10. Heather Lapierre Says: November 16, 2012 2:49 pm

This was beautiful Barbie; so peacefully written.
    Heather Lapierre recently posted..Five Minute Friday} Stay

11. Sandra Heska King Says: November 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Stay in this moment. It’s a theme that seems to be repeating itself today. I think He’s trying to emphasize it.
    Sandra Heska King recently posted..Five Minute Friday: The Staying Power of Scarlet

12. Dana Butler Says: November 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Really love this. So sweet, these words from His heart to ours.
    Dana Butler recently posted..My First 5-Minute Friday: "STAY"

13. Stephanie Says: November 16, 2012 6:53 pm

This was like a love letter from God, beautiful!

14. Rebekah Says: November 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Thank you for stopping by my FMF.
    Yes, how we need to Abide in Christ. Beautiful reminder.
    Rebekah recently posted..Sure to Stay

15. Kimberly Says: November 17, 2012 1:43 am

A breath of fresh air, this post:)

16. Dolly@Soulstops Says: November 17, 2012 2:27 pm

What a gracious invitation…Thank you, Barbie :) Hope to see you on 11/26…did you see Jennifer’s email? Hugs to you :)
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Stay

17. Jerralea Says: November 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Yes, I’d like to stay awhile and hear Him share His heart. I wouldn’t mind sitting on the red bench to hear HIm!
    Jerralea recently posted..Thankful for Nature

18. Kathi D. Denfeld Says: November 18, 2012 1:03 am

Barbie, This was beautiful. There really is no place like his presence.

19. Lisa Says: November 18, 2012 6:55 am

Beautiful Barbie. Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa recently posted..Stay.