The Weekend Brew

The Weekend Brew: Each Day Is A Gift

November 10, 2012

(photo credit)

For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace.

What do people really get for all their hard work? 10 I have seen the burden God has placed on us all. 11 Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end. 12 So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can. 13 And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God.

No matter what season in life you are in today, God is with you and has a purpose beyond what you can see.  Embrace every moment, each one a treasure.   Reach for joy, look for hope and remember to love for each day is a gift from God.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

• Reply Amanda November 10, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I love this scripture so much! I try to remind myself each and every day that I am at the Lord’s mercy, and I cannot know the next second or minute or what’s around the next corner. We just have to trust in the Lord and be thankful for every moment!! Thanks so much for the words and the reminder that every day is a gift :) Have a blessed day!!
    Amanda recently posted..Sweet, Simple Saturday

• Reply Barbie November 11, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Thank you Amanda. Praying you have a beautiful week.

• Reply Child of God November 10, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Hi Barbie,
    God has made everything beautiful and the more I live and grow closer to Him the more I see beauty even in the terrible places in my life.

Blessings,
    Child of God recently posted..Remembering…

• Reply Barbie November 11, 2012 at 9:35 pm

That’s so true. The closer we get to Him, everything else just falls away.

• Reply Lindsey van Niekerk November 10, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Thank you for that encouraging reminder…today…this moment…let me rest in that purpose…even if that purpose IS to rest. I needed this reminder!

• Reply Barbie November 11, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Praying for sweet rest for you my friend. Have a beautiful week.

• Reply Diane | An Extraordinary Day November 10, 2012 at 9:22 pm

What a gorgeous photograph….perfect for the scripture. So much there to contemplate and meditate upon.
    Hope your new week is extraordinary, Barbie!! {hugs}
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Comparison

• Reply Barbie November 11, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Thanks for stopping over Diane!

• Reply Wendy @ E-1-A November 10, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Barbie – this is such a beautiful word of encouragement and it really goes to my heart this morning.

Thank you for sharing.

• Reply Barbie November 11, 2012 at 9:36 pm

You’re welcome Wendy. Have a wonderful week.

• Reply Beth @ My Destiny November 11, 2012 at 3:23 am

Your posts are so sweet Barbie. Bless you today!
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..Consuming Fire

• Reply Barbie November 11, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Love you my friend. Have a week filled with His beauty.

• Reply Kris November 11, 2012 at 3:46 am

That image is stunning, and the truth of the scripture is so necessary and right. We must remember the seasons of life, and trust taht God’s timing is always perfect, and even the time we fear that has been lost, he redeems. There is a purpose under heaven for everything. Bless you, sweet friend!
    Kris recently posted..Weekend Wanderings

• Reply Barbie November 11, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Thank you for stopping over Kris. So thankful that He makes all things beautiful! His timing always perfect.

• Reply Mary November 11, 2012 at 5:46 am

Hello Barbie, thank you so much for hosting Fresh Brewed Sunday. I have been so blessed to have the Lord with me through all the seasons of my life. We serve an Awesome God. May He continue to bless you as you walk daily with Him. {{hugs}}

• Reply Barbie November 11, 2012 at 9:38 pm

You’re welcome Mary. God is so faithful. Have a beautiful week.

• Reply Lea November 11, 2012 at 6:14 am

What a perfect picture of fall!

Recent years has really taught me to cherish each day but still not sure I cherish them as much as I should. I have seen how quickly our lives can change and truly each day is a gift from God. Blessings to you this Lord’s Day!
    Lea recently posted..Friday’s Letters

• Reply Barbie November 11, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Thank you Lea! I always enjoy when you stop by!

• Reply susan@avintagefarmwife November 11, 2012 at 6:44 am

Thank you so much for the reminder this morning to rest and enjoy the gifts of this day without worrying about tomorrow! Have a wonderful Sunday!
    susan@avintagefarmwife recently posted..Sweet Sunday

• Reply Barbie November 11, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Have a great week my friend.

• Reply Laurie Collett November 11, 2012 at 11:17 am

Our pastor likes to say, “Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present.” Thanks for the great post & for hosting, & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..What Can Grow in Your Heart?

• Reply Barbie November 11, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Thank you Laurie!

• Reply Stefanie Brown November 11, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Oh, Barbie… I’m in a season!!
    Thank you for today’s encouragement!
    Stefanie Brown recently posted..30 Days of Thanksgiving :: Day 11…

• Reply Barbie November 11, 2012 at 9:40 pm

You’re welcome my friend. I too am learning to see the season that I am in as a gift. Leaning closer to Him! Blessings!

• Reply Shelly Miller November 11, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I LOVE that photo, so beautiful with all those colors and light. This is my favorite season, well, there is spring too, but I love this time of year. And the reminder that there are seasons for everything is actually comforting right now. Hope you’ve had a good weekend Barbie.
    Shelly Miller recently posted..Surrender

• Reply Barbie November 11, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Thank you for stopping by Shelly. Praying He meets you powerfully in your current season.

• Reply Kim @ Stuff could.... November 12, 2012 at 5:55 am

Thanks for the reminder of the seasons…..life does change a lot…I needed this today
    Kim @ Stuff could…. recently posted..A Special Day

• Reply Barbie November 15, 2012 at 6:38 pm

It seems like the seasons change so fast for me. Maybe it’s just old age! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

• Reply Judith November 12, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Thanks Barbi for the linkup!! You are a blessing to many ladies!!
    Judith recently posted..I Will Praise the Lord at All Times

• Reply Barbie November 15, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Thank you Judith!

• Reply Jennifer peterson November 12, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Aww love this next sunday I wanna link up…. I know I said this but love your blog!

• Reply Barbie November 15, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Oh yes, I hope you can link up! Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply Ashley Ditto November 12, 2012 at 7:10 pm

You have such a beautiful blog! Blessings to you!
    Ashley Ditto recently posted..Anywhere You Hold My Hand (Marriage Series Part 2)

• Reply Barbie November 15, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Thank you Ashley!

• Reply Lisa November 13, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I love these verses. What a reminder to put it all where it belong, because everything is already in place. We just have to trust that God knows what he is doing. Thanks for your kind comments on my sight. I really enjoy joining you for a fresh cup of coffee on Sundays :)
    Lisa recently posted..random things

• Reply Barbie November 15, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Stop by any time! My coffee is always brewing!