The Weekend Brew: Each Day Is A Gift

(photo credit)

For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace.

What do people really get for all their hard work? 10 I have seen the burden God has placed on us all. 11 Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end. 12 So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can. 13 And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God.

No matter what season in life you are in today, God is with you and has a purpose beyond what you can see.  Embrace every moment, each one a treasure.   Reach for joy, look for hope and remember to love for each day is a gift from God.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Google+0Share on LinkedIn0Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0

Receive The Daily Brew updates by email!
* = required field

Comments

I love this scripture so much! I try to remind myself each and every day that I am at the Lord’s mercy, and I cannot know the next second or minute or what’s around the next corner. We just have to trust in the Lord and be thankful for every moment!! Thanks so much for the words and the reminder that every day is a gift :) Have a blessed day!!
    Amanda recently posted..Sweet, Simple Saturday

That image is stunning, and the truth of the scripture is so necessary and right. We must remember the seasons of life, and trust taht God’s timing is always perfect, and even the time we fear that has been lost, he redeems. There is a purpose under heaven for everything. Bless you, sweet friend!
    Kris recently posted..Weekend Wanderings

Hello Barbie, thank you so much for hosting Fresh Brewed Sunday. I have been so blessed to have the Lord with me through all the seasons of my life. We serve an Awesome God. May He continue to bless you as you walk daily with Him. {{hugs}}

What a perfect picture of fall!

Recent years has really taught me to cherish each day but still not sure I cherish them as much as I should. I have seen how quickly our lives can change and truly each day is a gift from God. Blessings to you this Lord’s Day!
    Lea recently posted..Friday’s Letters

• Barbie says

You’re welcome my friend. I too am learning to see the season that I am in as a gift. Leaning closer to Him! Blessings!

I LOVE that photo, so beautiful with all those colors and light. This is my favorite season, well, there is spring too, but I love this time of year. And the reminder that there are seasons for everything is actually comforting right now. Hope you’ve had a good weekend Barbie.
    Shelly Miller recently posted..Surrender

I love these verses. What a reminder to put it all where it belong, because everything is already in place. We just have to trust that God knows what he is doing. Thanks for your kind comments on my sight. I really enjoy joining you for a fresh cup of coffee on Sundays :)
    Lisa recently posted..random things