The Weekend Brew: Start Anew!

Today I want to encourage you with this simple truth:

Today is a new day.  Today, we start anew!

As I pray for you, I hear God whisper to my heart:

“My child, do not reflect on the past, or those things you feel you failed to accomplish.  Today is a new day and you get to start anew.  I have new dreams for you, new hopes, new desires.  I am putting them into your spirit right now.  But it’s up to you to search them out.  Let the past go!  The disappointment, the shortcomings, those things you just didn’t quite finish.  Perhaps I was leading you another way all along. Don’t live this day in regret, but look forward.  I am doing a new thing!  Take my hand, and walk with me as we start fresh, anew this day!”

Are you having a hard time letting go of yesterday?  I am praying that He will give you the grace to take His hand and move forward.

For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.  (Isaiah 43:19)

Now it’s your turn! Link up a post that will encourage and breathe life to those who visit, and remember to share the love by visiting one or two of the others blogs who link up!  I don’t have a button yet, so please just link to this post.

(photo credit)

Join me!

Barbie

I am wife, mom to 4 beautiful children, sister, daughter and friend. I have been marked by the love of a relentless God who never stops pursuing me. My desire is to encourage you on your journey, giving you glimpses of His love and sprinkles of His grace along the way.
Join me!

Latest posts by Barbie (see all)

Comments

• Barbie says

Angie, can’t wait to read your post. Mr. Linky deleted my link. Happening when you you upgrade Word. I went another route. Please try again!

Ahhh Barbie- I totally needed this to encourage me to hit publish today. I have been fighting with my internal self on whether I was really hearing God’s okay to return to world of Facebook (even though He has confirmed and reconfirmed) and your post was the cherry on top. I LOVE your new blog look. Makes me also want to take the leap there… I am at the edge :)
    Lisa recently posted..I. Return.

• Barbie says

Thank you, thank you! I am quite please with the way things are looking around here, but even more so to see your smiling face!

What beautiful words of encouragement. And while I know they apply to all my yesterdays, I feel like I really blew it yesterday so this words were particularly needed today. Thanks for hosting. Have a beautiful weekend.

So thankful for His mercies new every single day. New is definitely a word He has been whispering to me as well friend. Love that He has used your words here to speak it again to me. Blessings and much love.
    Wendy recently posted..Everything in Me

Oh, Barbie…I love this post! “Are you having a hard time letting go of yesterday?” this line resonates with me and I am sure with others. It is so hard to let go of past failures and times when things didn’t go well…especially when we have to go there again!

Hugs to you my friend.
    Mary recently posted..Keeping it straight…

Barbie, you won’t believe what this morning’s sermon was titled, “Forgetting What is Behind.” ~ Hmmmm, I wonder if God is trying to tell me something. I do think my past failures cause me to think I will never overcome certain things in my life, but I press on without straining or striving, but simply be honoring. Thanks!
    Stephani recently posted..Honor

• Barbie says

I can get hung up on past failures too. It really keeps us from pursuing the “new things” that God has for us. So thankful for fresh starts.

Barbie…I love your new look here!!! And the sky photograph is amazing!!
    Oh my….God didn’t just whisper to me. He changed the whole trajectory of where I was headed in my physical life. And I’m sure that my virtual life will be greatly impacted as well. I’m leaning in hard. Trusting with my whole heart. Excited to see the goodness He has planned.
    Thank you for Isaiah 43:19. :D I needed that!
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..{Joy Day!} When it seems impossible…

Trackbacks