The Weekend Brew

The Weekend Brew: Start Anew!

January 5, 2013

Today I want to encourage you with this simple truth:

Today is a new day.  Today, we start anew!

As I pray for you, I hear God whisper to my heart:

“My child, do not reflect on the past, or those things you feel you failed to accomplish.  Today is a new day and you get to start anew.  I have new dreams for you, new hopes, new desires.  I am putting them into your spirit right now.  But it’s up to you to search them out.  Let the past go!  The disappointment, the shortcomings, those things you just didn’t quite finish.  Perhaps I was leading you another way all along. Don’t live this day in regret, but look forward.  I am doing a new thing!  Take my hand, and walk with me as we start fresh, anew this day!”

Are you having a hard time letting go of yesterday?  I am praying that He will give you the grace to take His hand and move forward.

For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.  (Isaiah 43:19)

Now it’s your turn! Link up a post that will encourage and breathe life to those who visit, and remember to share the love by visiting one or two of the others blogs who link up!  I don’t have a button yet, so please just link to this post.

(photo credit)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Mia January 5, 2013 at 2:31 am

Dearest Barbie
    These are words full of wisdom and pregnant with expectation. Yes, your new thing is a gift from His hand to us all.
    Much love, my friend, and a blessed weekend
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The Dance of Desires

• Reply Barbie January 5, 2013 at 7:55 am

Thank you Mia!

• Reply Beth @ My Destiny January 5, 2013 at 4:26 am

I have a post to share too. Where is Mr. Linky? And I agree with that word 100%. It is a new day. His mercies are new every morning and there is hope!

Much love!
    Beth
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..Mama taught me …

• Reply Barbie January 5, 2013 at 7:56 am

Mr. Linky is having issues. It was there, but then when I got up this morning, it was gone. I went another route. Please try again!

• Reply Lisa January 5, 2013 at 8:22 am

Beth- Ahhh Mine just popped up… I was looking for linky too :) Until then I’ll just head over via your link in your comment :)
      Lisa recently posted..I. Return.

• Reply Angie @ Beauty of One January 5, 2013 at 6:23 am

Happy New Year, Barbie! Wow, my post today so relates to this and the force of our expectations. Do you have a linky?
    Angie @ Beauty of One recently posted..unleash the force of expectation in 2013

• Reply Barbie January 5, 2013 at 7:56 am

Angie, can’t wait to read your post. Mr. Linky deleted my link. Happening when you you upgrade Word. I went another route. Please try again!

• Reply Lisa January 5, 2013 at 8:25 am

Ahhh Barbie- I totally needed this to encourage me to hit publish today. I have been fighting with my internal self on whether I was really hearing God’s okay to return to world of Facebook (even though He has confirmed and reconfirmed) and your post was the cherry on top. I LOVE your new blog look. Makes me also want to take the leap there… I am at the edge :)
    Lisa recently posted..I. Return.

• Reply Barbie January 5, 2013 at 9:41 am

Lisa, I love your heart. Facebook is a hard place sometimes. You definately should take the leap!

• Reply Michele-Lyn January 5, 2013 at 10:25 am

Oh my! I love your new blog design! And this weekend brew? Is that new for your link up? I just love you!
    Michele-Lyn recently posted..New Creation… [Dream Again Day 5]

• Reply Barbie January 5, 2013 at 10:27 am

Thank you my friend. It was just another gift from God to me. I was so excited to win this design. And yes, The Weekend Brew takes the place of Fresh Brewed Sundays. You can read more about it here: http://myfreshlybrewedlife.com/2013/01/introducing-the-weekend-brew.html

Love you back! Lots and lots!

• Reply Michele-Lyn January 5, 2013 at 1:09 pm

You won?? How do you win a design? I am so very glad you did! I pray abundant blessings on you and your new year! BTW : working on the 5Minutes for faith post now, just in case you were wondering. It should be up within the hour :)
        Michele-Lyn recently posted..New Creation… [Dream Again Day 5]

• Reply Barbie January 5, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I followed a designer on FB who was changing her name and getting a new page. I was the first to like her on Twitter and she graciously gifted me this design. I’m in love! I’ll be sure to put up your 5MFF post tonight, around 9PM.

• Reply Child of God January 5, 2013 at 11:53 am

Beautiful words of encouragement! Thanks for sharing this. A new day and a new filling of His Spirit.

This is a great link up, looking forward to reading what everyone has to say.

Blessings.
    Child of God recently posted..Divine Healing

• Reply Barbie January 5, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Thank you my friend.

• Reply Laura Rath January 5, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Hi Barbie,
    Love your new blog look and the new Weekend Brew! God bless!
    Laura Rath recently posted..Starting Small

• Reply Barbie January 5, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Thank you, thank you! I am quite please with the way things are looking around here, but even more so to see your smiling face!

• Reply Positively Alene January 5, 2013 at 1:54 pm

So thankful to be back at your place. Loving your new look!!! Thanks always for your encouraging spirit. Blessings for 2013 friend.
    Positively Alene recently posted..coming face to face with human trafficking and the exodus road.

• Reply Barbie January 5, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Alene, I’ve missed you. Hope you’re having a great weekend.

• Reply Jennifer peterson January 5, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Love that so encouraging!! Thank you!!
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..weekend brew

• Reply Barbie January 5, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Thank you friend!

• Reply Janet @ Frugal & Focused January 5, 2013 at 2:36 pm

What beautiful words of encouragement. And while I know they apply to all my yesterdays, I feel like I really blew it yesterday so this words were particularly needed today. Thanks for hosting. Have a beautiful weekend.

• Reply Barbie January 5, 2013 at 5:43 pm

So glad you stopped by today and were encouraged!

• Reply Wendy January 5, 2013 at 8:42 pm

So thankful for His mercies new every single day. New is definitely a word He has been whispering to me as well friend. Love that He has used your words here to speak it again to me. Blessings and much love.
    Wendy recently posted..Everything in Me

• Reply Barbie January 6, 2013 at 9:08 am

Thank you Wendy! Praying you have a beautiful Sunday!

• Reply Marty January 6, 2013 at 4:59 am

Amazing image! And sweet words of encouragement to begin the new year :-)
    Marty recently posted..New

• Reply Barbie January 6, 2013 at 9:09 am

Thank you for stopping by Marty!

• Reply jean wise January 6, 2013 at 5:23 am

Barbie, this prayer really spoke to me. I read it several times. Thank you!
    jean wise recently posted..The Magi – Lectio Divina

• Reply Barbie January 6, 2013 at 9:09 am

So thankful Jean! Have a beautiful day!

• Reply Mary January 6, 2013 at 9:40 am

Looking forward to shaking off the old and steppin into the New Year with God’s Word. He makes all things new…Have a wonderful SonDay!!
    Mary recently posted..New Growth

• Reply Barbie January 6, 2013 at 11:19 am

Amen my friend!

• Reply Pam January 6, 2013 at 10:49 am

The words you heard from Him are a sacred echo to similar thoughts He’s been putting in me in the start of this new year too. Blessings on your 2013, Barbie!
    Pam recently posted..One Ribbon at a Time…

• Reply Barbie January 6, 2013 at 11:20 am

Loved your post my friend! Have a blessed day!

• Reply Laurie Collett January 6, 2013 at 11:49 am

Awesome photo & message — speaks to my heart today, as reflected in my post. Thanks for your faithfulness in hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..New Beginnings: Triplets of Rebirth

• Reply Barbie January 6, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Thank you Laurie!

• Reply Mary January 6, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Oh, Barbie…I love this post! “Are you having a hard time letting go of yesterday?” this line resonates with me and I am sure with others. It is so hard to let go of past failures and times when things didn’t go well…especially when we have to go there again!

Hugs to you my friend.
    Mary recently posted..Keeping it straight…

• Reply Barbie January 6, 2013 at 7:53 pm

It is hard to let go sometimes. I’m so thankful that He gives me that ability to move forward.

• Reply Stephani January 6, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Barbie, you won’t believe what this morning’s sermon was titled, “Forgetting What is Behind.” ~ Hmmmm, I wonder if God is trying to tell me something. I do think my past failures cause me to think I will never overcome certain things in my life, but I press on without straining or striving, but simply be honoring. Thanks!
    Stephani recently posted..Honor

• Reply Barbie January 6, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I can get hung up on past failures too. It really keeps us from pursuing the “new things” that God has for us. So thankful for fresh starts.

• Reply Jennifer January 6, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Something new! Happy New Year!
    Jennifer recently posted..Dancing with Joy

• Reply Diane | An Extraordinary Day January 6, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Barbie…I love your new look here!!! And the sky photograph is amazing!!
    Oh my….God didn’t just whisper to me. He changed the whole trajectory of where I was headed in my physical life. And I’m sure that my virtual life will be greatly impacted as well. I’m leaning in hard. Trusting with my whole heart. Excited to see the goodness He has planned.
    Thank you for Isaiah 43:19. 😀 I needed that!
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..{Joy Day!} When it seems impossible…