family

Monday Fun Days: Birthday Edition

June 25, 2013

My youngest son turned 10 last week on Monday.  Because he was still in school. we scheduled a birthday party with his friends for today at Boomers!  Youngest daughter and a few of her friends came along as well.  Can I just say arcade games, lazer tag, bumper boats, go karts and miniature golf! Oh My!

We started off in the party room with pizza, cake and presents. From there, we headed out for a round of miniature golf.  A very light rain was falling and I was hopeful that it would stay afar off so that we could finish our golf game.  After golfing, we went inside for laser tag and arcades.  Can I just tell you that it doesn’t take much time at all for a child to spend 100 tokens.  When it was all said and done, birthday boy ended up with about 870 tokens.  He joyfully bought a red laser gun with his bounty, which I believe was the highlight of His day!

Afterwards it was back outside for another round of golf and GoKarts!  We ended our day with a lemon lime Icee and turkey tacos at home.

How about you? How did you make Monday a fun day?  I’d love to hear about it in the comments below.

*Linking up with Sarah over at Splashin’ Glory for Momma Notes.

You Might Also Like

• Reply Beth June 25, 2013 at 6:03 am

I was hoping to spend my Monday watching my hubby play some softball (he’s semi retired from this sport now), but rain kept us home instead. Oh…HAWKS WIN! I don’t really watch sports but figured since I’m from Chicago I should say that. :) We did have the game on and fireworks were soon the sound coming from every direction and who doesn’t like fireworks. Happy 10th birthday to your son!
    Beth recently posted..For your Sunday

• Reply Barbie June 26, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Thanks Beth. Sorry the game was rained out!

• Reply Mary June 25, 2013 at 8:11 am

What fun!! Just looking at the pictures and reading your words made me feel like I was there. Happy Birthday to your son, May God bless him always.
    Mary recently posted..Psalm 136

• Reply Barbie June 26, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Thanks so much Mary!

• Reply Elizabeth@Transitional-Woman June 25, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Mini golf? Go-karts? Bumper boats? I wish I’d been there!
    Monday was spent continuing to paint my bedroom (taking forever), but had my newly wed daughter and her husband for dinner then we headed to the stadium for $1 night baseball (minor league). None of us except my son-in-law like baseball, but we went just to talk and have a fun night out.

• Reply Barbie June 26, 2013 at 10:46 pm

We love baseball in our house. Matter of fact we will be enjoying an Oakland A’s game on Wednesday night (my birthday!) complete with fireworks!

• Reply Mary @ Woman to Woman June 26, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Well, your Monday sounds much more fun than mine! Happy Birthday to your growing-up son! I helped my husband build shelves in our basement. Hopefully they’ll house all of my plastic containers full of… stuff!
    Blessings to you ~ Mary
    Mary @ Woman to Woman recently posted..When All You Can Do Is Breathe

• Reply Barbie June 26, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Thanks for stopping by Mary!

• Reply Sarah June 30, 2013 at 2:34 pm

How you crazy bless so many … thanks bunches for splashing around with us at momma notes. Lacing up for the race … hope you’ll join us in cheering other moms on.