family

Life Through The Lens: Celebrating 25 years!

August 27, 2013

On Tuesday, August 20th, my husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary!

wedding

We didn’t have any big plans, like those we’ve dreamed about, as money is still very tight. (Thankfully, hubby is working now!). But God put it on someone’s heart to bless us financially so that we could go out and have a nice dinner.  A really nice dinner!  So that is what we did on Sunday night.

We went to the Shadowbrook Restaurant in Capitola.

20130825_194430

You can take a garden path down many stairs to the restaurant or opt for the cable car, which is what we do when we visit.

DSC_0975_crop

(photo credit)

It’s a place we visited while we were dating, and the food is very good!  I took advantage and indulged, just a little!

Calamari appetizer

20130825_184035

Filet Mignon with au gratin potatoes (also had steamed veggies on the side)

20130825_185716

And in honor of our anniversary, two small but powerful chocolate truffles for dessert.

20130825_192353

After dinner we drove into downtown Capitola to visit the coffee house we liked to hang out at while we were dating.  Matter of fact, just shortly after we got engaged, we came here, and a violinist serenaded us.  We found out last night that this same violinist still plays on Friday nights, and has been there for 26 years!

mrtoots

20130825_195619

I opted for the iced coconut mocha, and my hubby the caramel milkshake

20130825_200723

On the way home, we drove to Kohls to look at a temporary replacement wedding ring for myself, but they were closed.  Perhaps I’ll share the story of why I am looking for something temporary one of these days.

These last 25 years have seen much joy and some heartache, but I wouldn’t trade it.  God has brought us through some difficult times and we are fully committed to allowing Him to see us through the next 25, and beyond!

Thanks for allowing me to share our date night with you!

• Reply Linda August 27, 2013 at 3:45 am

Belated ~Happy 25th~ Wedding Anniversary Barbie. It looks like you and the hubby had a great time! Lynnette and Kyle will have their 25th in December! :)

Love, Linda
    Linda recently posted..Six Word Saturday…Our Trip to Estes Park Colorado

• Reply Barbie August 28, 2013 at 12:29 am

Awe, love Lynnette and Kyle! Thanks for visiting Linda!

• Reply Beth August 27, 2013 at 4:22 am

So beautiful, Barbie! I’m thrilled to see the two of you had a blessed night out to celebrate. That restaurant looks amazing! I love the cable car. How cool is that!!!! Thank you for sharing your date night with us. Many blessings to you both.
    {hugs}
    Beth
    Beth recently posted..Announcing—Three Word Wednesday Link Up

• Reply Barbie August 28, 2013 at 12:30 am

Thank you Beth! We had a great night!

• Reply Elizabeth August 27, 2013 at 5:11 am

Happy Anniversary Barbie. Thank you for sharing your anniversary dinner with us. Money is always tight for us too (married for 27 years), but we enjoy our small celebrations with as much pleasure as those who are able to celebrate more extravagantly. We are thankful the Lord gave us each other. Praying you have 25+ years to share with each other.
    Elizabeth recently posted..If You Were Stranded . . .

• Reply Barbie August 28, 2013 at 9:16 am

Thank you Elizabeth! It doesn’t have to be expensive. Sometimes the small celebrations are truly the best!

• Reply Diana Denis August 27, 2013 at 5:58 am

There’s so much to celebrate Barbie! 25 years, a quarter of a century! Congratulations! I thank The Lord for keeping you close enough to Him that you’ve been able to overcome every challenge with grace. Praying for a blissful 25 more years. And congrats on the job! The best is yet to come my friend. ❤

• Reply Barbie August 28, 2013 at 9:17 am

Thanks so much Diana!

• Reply Mel August 27, 2013 at 6:13 am

So beautiful…I love this little glimpse into your life! Blessings and Happy Anniversary, friend! :)

• Reply Barbie August 28, 2013 at 9:23 am

Thanks for stopping Mel! Hope you’re having a great week.

• Reply Lisa August 27, 2013 at 7:34 am

Happy Anniversary! (We celebrated our 25th this summer, too). What a fun date that looked like :). The restaurant we went to the night we got engaged no longer exists, but with my allergies I wouldn’t be able to eat there any way. That is so neat about the violinist. I’m glad you got to have such a special evening.
    Lisa recently posted..She’s Coming Baaaaaaaack! {plus important subscriber info}

• Reply Barbie August 28, 2013 at 9:24 am

The restaurant we ate at on our wedding night closed down too. Would have loved to have gone there. Thankful for your return to blogigng!

• Reply Cheri August 27, 2013 at 8:22 am

What an adorable couple :) Looks like you had a much needed wonderful night away!
    Cheri recently posted..Last {Five Minute Friday}

• Reply Barbie August 28, 2013 at 9:24 am

Yes! It was indeed much needed!

• Reply Stephanie Hanes August 27, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Oh, how lovely! What a wonderful anniversary celebration! Thanks for sharing…and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :)
    Stephanie Hanes recently posted..My God-Sized Dream: The Stand Still of Fear

• Reply Barbie August 28, 2013 at 9:24 am

Thanks so much Stephanie. I need to catch up on your blog! :(

• Reply Dayle August 27, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Happy Anniversary! Wishes for many, many more.
    Dayle recently posted..Still Sailing ~ Happy Anniversary to Us

• Reply Barbie August 28, 2013 at 9:25 am

Thank you Dayle! And happy anniversary to you!

• Reply saleslady371 August 27, 2013 at 4:35 pm

What a sweet post! Happy anniversary; may you be blessed in the coming years.

• Reply Barbie August 28, 2013 at 9:26 am

Thank you!

• Reply Lea August 27, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Oh, what a lovely anniversary celebration. We celebrated #42 in June, can’t believe we are just 8 years away from #50. Yikes! Blessings for many more years!
    Lea recently posted..Miscellany Monday

• Reply Barbie August 28, 2013 at 9:26 am

Wow, almost 50 years! That’s exciting!

• Reply Elizabeth August 27, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Congratulations, friend! I’m so happy to hear that your Hubby got a job! Yay!
    Elizabeth recently posted..An owl takeover…

• Reply Barbie August 28, 2013 at 9:26 am

Yes! We are truly thankful!

• Reply Maria @ Bloom August 28, 2013 at 7:33 am

Happy Belated anniversary, Barbie! Love this post. I know you both have gone through so much and it is great to see you guys still so adorably in love. God bless you both!
    Maria @ Bloom recently posted..All You Have to Do Is Listen

• Reply Barbie August 28, 2013 at 9:27 am

Awe, thanks Maria!

• Reply Lisa @ FSL August 28, 2013 at 10:11 am

Congratulations my friend! 25 years is amazing; you and your husband are a great example of sacrificial commitment and covenant marriage. How cool is it that you could/can go back to your old haunts that you went to as a dating couple. That is fabulous.
    Lisa @ FSL recently posted..Comment on Life Through the Lens…. hiking by Lisa Kerner

• Reply Barbie August 29, 2013 at 12:42 am

Thank you friend. Thankful for all that God has done in our lives!

• Reply Rosann August 28, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Sounds like the perfect night! Happy 25 years of marriage, friend! I pray God will continue to bless your love for one another. :)
    Rosann recently posted..5 Life Lessons From Our Summer Travels

• Reply Barbie August 29, 2013 at 12:42 am

Thanks Rosann!

• Reply Jennifer August 28, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Oh, beautiful! Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful night! Loved these photos!
    Jennifer recently posted..one beautiful girl

• Reply Barbie August 29, 2013 at 12:42 am

Thank you Jennifer!

• Reply Heather @ A Nurse's Wildflowers August 29, 2013 at 9:18 am

Happy Anniversary! It looks like you had a good time! It is always so encouraging to see people adding years to their marriage….not something we see as often as we should. I’m sure you are a huge encouragement and have a wealth of wisdom on being a wife :)

I hope you have a blessed 26th year!
    Heather @ A Nurse’s Wildflowers recently posted..new silkie chicks

• Reply Barbie September 2, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Thanks so much Heather!

• Reply Debi @ DebiStangeland.com September 2, 2013 at 9:34 pm

This is awesome! I love to see your pictures and what a totally cool restaurant. I want to go there now!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..5 Reasons Not To Throw In The Blogging Towel