The Weekend Brew: The Hope of Winter

winter frozen birch woods in morning light

I’m praying for you today, that you would find hope in this season of winter.
The winter frost may be thick and the chill may take your breath away, but there is always hope .
Underneath the snow, there is life, although it is not yet springing up.
And where there is life, there is always hope.

My beloved spoke and said to me,“Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come with me. See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come,  (Song of Solomon 2:10-12)

In my winter season, I am holding onto hope.

How about you my friend, are you going through a winter season?  What life can you see?  What hope are you clinging to today?

TheWeekendBrew_Button-1Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Join me!

Barbie

I am wife, mom to 4 beautiful children, sister, daughter and friend. I have been marked by the love of a relentless God who never stops pursuing me. My desire is to encourage you on your journey, giving you glimpses of His love and sprinkles of His grace along the way.
Join me!

Comments

There’s a book I have on Italian history. It describes all the calendars – and one didn’t have names of months or any kind of calendar for winter – and I thought how hard that would be to go through a period of time each year like the world didn’t exist and you were still in it – I would think winter would feel despondent and hopeless. I love winter – and the hope of it, too! Blessings Barbie for your message and your stunning photo!
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..The Emmaus Road in the Daily

Great post to read this morning as we are expecting a snowstorm this afternoon. I have always loved the snow. There is something about seeing our yard & the trees blanketed all in white. There is a stillness that occurs which combined with the blanket of white ALWAYS reminds me that our God washes us whiter than snow. And truly if He can do that for us, there is not a thing that is impossible for Him. He can make all things new and bring something out of nothing. Beautiful, Barbie!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Frosty & Friendship

• Barbie says

Laura, you can simply grab the button, and link to the homepage of my blog. I’m update the blog and the buttons (yes again) so the next round will all have codes.

Yes, Barbie … HE is our hope. And He never changes like shifting shadows. This is the solid rock on which we stand, no matter what is whirling around us …

Thanks for the gentle reminder, no matter what the season …
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..A Father’s Carol

Lovely photo. The world looks different when it is snow covered–yet our heavenly Father has tucked the new life of spring under the cold cover. It must have a burst of hope that came to the shepherds as they watched their flocks outside of Bethlehem; perhaps they wondered about the future as the Romans required more and more taxes.
    Carol recently posted..Angels

5. Beth Mast says

Thanks for the beautiful verse. It is one of my favorite ones!Here is another one, I love. This one and the one from the Song of Solomon paint beautiful pictures of love.
    Isaiah 1:18
    English Standard Version (ESV)
    18 “Come now, let us reason[a] together, says the Lord:
    though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
    though they are red like crimson,
    they shall become like wool.

Barbie, this is such a fine post this morning for me. In the bleak midwinter (from a song I love) there is hope and our Hope is Jesus. From my days living in Oregon, the picture of peonies and lilies of the valley buried deeply under the snows and even when that snow is melted, there is no sign of what is to come in a few months. And then those little fresh sprouts begin and become so lovely. I can see bouquets on my table reminding me of hope. I am so glad I came by.
    ~ linda recently posted..My Soul Glorifies the LORD

Moments of *winter* are clouding my life from time to time right now. And my heart feels overburdened and dreary sometimes. But, the hope that I am clinging to is the sure knowledge that my friend, Jesus, walks every step with me. He is always by my side. And, He has promised that this life is not the end of the story.

He came to this dark and fallen, broken world to write a new ending.

An ending in eternity with Him.

Now THAT is a happily ever after!!

GOD BLESS!
    Sharon recently posted..BABYSITTING DAD

Hi Barbie,
    Lovely pic! I admit, I really do love winter and all that goes with it. When I look at the frost and snow I see the wonderful creative hand of God in all of it. Just last week I was looking at the different shapes of snowflakes and was overcome with the intricacy of the design. I was humbled.
    Blessings hon, stay warm, I see your area of the country is a bit chilly and I know southerners are not use to it . Spring is not too far away. :)
    child of God recently posted..God Is Logical

• Barbie says

Oh yes, it’s been cold and I’ve been caught complaining a time or two. I wish I lived in a place where I could see snow up close and personal without having to drive 4 hours. Have a blessed week!

Hello, Barbie. Hope…what a wonderful thing to have! Most importantly, hope for a day when I will see my Lord and Savior, face to face!! This time of year, especially, I’m so thankful that He can to earth to give us this hope!! Thanks for sharing and hosting the link-up!! Blessings to you!!!
    Ann
    Ann recently posted..Happy Holidays….Really? {Called To Missions}

This past week I’ve been focusing on love. The love of Christ in me enables me to love the unloving. It’s the only way to truly live in Him. I’ve been joining in the Good Morning Girls advent study and each week is devoted to something. The first week was hope, second was love and this coming week is joy. I’m loving it and it’s helping me to keep the focus of this season on …JESUS.

Love you Barbie,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..The Gift of Love

• Barbie says

I love your faithfulness and dedication to press into Him in this season. I tried to start the Advent and have been so distracted with my book, etc. I feel like I missed a huge part of His coming. But there is so much grace! Have a lovely week my friend!

• Barbie says

So true. And change is good, because no matter the season, we know that He is always with us. Have a blessed week Lisha!

• Barbie says

I remember one of our first encounters in blogging was through my Song of Solomon posts! Praying you have a beautiful week friend.