The Weekend Brew: As A Child

As a child

Helpless I came into this world, fully dependent upon my mother and father for my every need.  Desperately I cried to be filled, to be nourished, to be soothed, and comforted.  I wonder how long my mother allowed me to cry before she arose to meet my every need?

When one is in a time of waiting upon the Lord, and is crying out for Him to come and fill the ache in their heart, how long is it until the moment when that ache is met with His sustenance?  Helpless, hungry and desperate I come, yet my heart is still only partially His.

Oh how the cares of this world weigh me down.  The things I must do.  The things I want to do.  The things I wish I could do.  The things I feel I should be doing.  My focus is not fully set on the joy set before me, for I feel as if I am crumbling underneath the weight of the cares and wants, and the inner struggle of my soul to find rest…to find HIM.

I want to be like a child, running freely in the wide open spaces of His heart.  I want to take His hand and allow Him to lead me, never looking back because I fully trust the One who leads.  I want to play hide and seek, to be found by the One whom my soul seeks.

In childlike faith I come.

Will you accept me again Father, just as I am, where I am, heart weighed down by the distractions of this world?  Will you lead me again Father into the secret places of your heart, where I will once again find rest.  I must be fed, for I am hungry.  I must be filled, for I am desperate for you.

I’m reaching up today, waiting for my Heavenly Father to pick me up and take me away with Him.  And you, my friend, how is He leading you in childlike faith today?

TheWeekendBrewButtonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Share on Facebook2Tweet about this on Twitter7Google+4Share on LinkedIn0Pin on Pinterest2Share on StumbleUpon0

Receive The Daily Brew updates by email!
* = required field

Comments

I felt like The Lord wanted me to give you Zephaniah 3:17 in the Amplified Bible. God looks at you with silent satisfaction. He wants you to rest as He loves on you and sings over you.
    Elizabeth recently posted..Psalm 130…

Hi Barbie; I am ashamed to say that patience is really something I need to work hard on! Why is it so hard to wait sometimes? I have learned over and over in many situations that if I have Godly patience and am able to trust God with what is before me, then I will experience a calmness and inner peace because I know He is in control and His way is best. :) That’s when I find rest in Him…with child-like faith ♥

Blessings and love friend; have a wonderful weekend! ♥
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..Let’s Spring Clean!

Barbie – I think you hit on something so critical to each of us growing in Him … “Desperately I cried to be filled, to be nourished, to be soothed, and comforted.” May our longing to be nourished, to be filled send us to the very Bread of Life, for He truly gives us life. May He alone give you the longings of your heart. I prayed for you this morning before leaving this comment. Blessings, friend!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Random And Good!

I enjoyed this because I was reading this morning in Matthew and noticed that Jesus said that we were to be converted and become like children. The becoming is hard, but it’s part of the lifelong transformative process of being in Christ. Thanks for these words.

• Barbie says

Oh Diane, I haven’t been to your place in a while. Thank you for stopping by. You are always so encouraging. Blessings!

“In childlike faith I come.” I often think of how we (I) make it harder than it’s suppose to be. I want to come to Him with childlike faith. I’ve come here several times since yesterday to drink this in.
    Love you, Barbie.
    Beth recently posted..Friday Randomness (Vol. 18)

Oh, dear one, how hard it is to wait…and to keep reaching up in that child-like faith. I so wish we had the magic answer to how long we have to wait when we know He is doing a work in and around us. So glad that you are continue to seek Him in the wait. Your faith inspires me!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..True colors

Barbie, I heard so much of my own voice in your words, I was too stunned to respond last night. I’ve been struggling for several months and in my mind, that is long! A part of me wishes I could simply “snap out of it” and get back on track. I know God is here. I know God is with you. I know the time is meaningful for His purposes and for our learning. Hang in there, friend! You’re in my thoughts!
    Carrie recently posted..An Uncomfortable Season

• Barbie says

Oh Carrie, I will be praying with you and for you. These seasons can be so long and silent. But I know He is perfecting that which concerns both of us, for His glory!

• Barbie says

Thankful you stopped by Naomi. Praying your heart continues to be encouraged as you seek Him. Looking forward to reading your post.

• Barbie says

It’s hard sometimes, to lean in and trust. But He will never fail you. He is good, even when we cannot always see it. Keep pressing in!

I hear you and I say it with you. I am calling out for Him and though, in many ways I feel His nearness more than ever and sense His activity and purpose in my life and heart, I have a deep longing that is deeper than I have ever known it to be. Maybe we can celebrate that longing. It will be filled in due time and the longing itself is a faith-filled hope that seeks to expand into more life with Him. I know and trust He will move the mountains between us and what we long for as we wait upon Him and reach towards Him. Thank you for continuing to share your journey out loud so that many can hear the echoes of their own faith walks in what you say. Love you.
    Patty recently posted..Willing