The Weekend Brew: The Resurrection And The Life

sharing glimpses of His love & sprinkles of His grace

The Weekend Brew: The Resurrection And The Life

By Barbie   /     Apr 17, 2014  /     The Weekend Brew  /

resurrection

May you reflect today on the cross and His suffering.
May you remember that He bore your sin and shame.
May you be reminded of the cost of being His.

May your eyes look to heaven and know, He is risen.
Though days may be dark, He is the light.
You may have experienced death — death of a dream, a promise, a loved one.
May you rememberer the promise that is yours:

The one who believes in me shall live, even though they die.

He is the resurrection and the life.
May you rise up from the ashes today, fill your lungs with the breath of God, and walk on.

Wishing you and your family a joyous Easter!

TheWeekendBrewButtonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

About Barbie

I am wife and mom to four beautiful children. I have been marked by the love of a relentless God who never stops pursuing me. My desire is to encourage you on your own journey, giving you glimpses of His love and sprinkles of His grace along the way.

1. Jenilee Says: April 18, 2014 3:54 am

Beautiful post for this Good Friday!!
    Jenilee recently posted..Home Without A Home

2. Beth Says: April 18, 2014 4:07 am

Simply taking this in as I sit here in awe of His grace. Easter blessings to you, friend. I’m so grateful to have you in my life. Love you.
    Beth recently posted..For your Easter Weekend

• Barbie Says: April 18, 2014 4:11 pm

I’ve been pondering His grace all day. Oh friend, how I love you. Been thinking about you. Praying you feel His love in new and overwhelming ways! Hugs!

3. Healed By His Wounds Says: April 18, 2014 7:06 am

“May you be reminded of the cost of being His.”

These words pull at my heart. Thank you, Barbie, for sharing them in this serene space.

God bless you this Easter and always,
    HBHW
    Healed By His Wounds recently posted..Lay Your Burdens Down

4. Andrea Says: April 18, 2014 7:43 am

What wonderful reading for a glorious Good Friday! I’m enjoying the other posts that are linked as well. I pray that you Easter weekend will be happy and blessed>
    Andrea recently posted..First Trauma, Then Resurrection

5. Adoption Mama Says: April 18, 2014 9:42 am

Praise God for his indescribable gift. Happy Resurrection Day to your family!

6. Denise Says: April 18, 2014 2:36 pm

Have a very blessed Easter.

7. child of God Says: April 18, 2014 3:32 pm

It’s Friday, but Sunday is coming!!!! Praise YOU JESUS for everything!

Blessed Good Friday my sister. :)
    child of God recently posted..Faith

8. Mary Geisen Says: April 18, 2014 6:33 pm

Thanks Barbie! I will remember – in my brokenness, in my struggles, in my delight and in my daily life. He has risen and I am forever grateful! Happy Easter!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..God’s Grace Poured Out for All

9. Elizabeth Says: April 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Have a blessed Easter, Barbie!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Remembering the cost…

10. Amy E Patton Says: April 18, 2014 10:59 pm

Happy Easter Barbie! Thanks for these encouraging words. He is risen! He is risen indeed!
    Amy E Patton recently posted..Why I Almost Quit Having a Quiet Time & Three Easy Steps to Make it a Daily Habit

11. Joanne Viola Says: April 19, 2014 4:44 am

Beautiful post, Barbie! May you & your family have a most blessed Easter as you celebrate His life!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..May You Remember

12. bluecottonmemory Says: April 19, 2014 5:31 am

Wishing you blessing this Resurrection weekend!
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..How Many Times Can You Tell a Story?

13. Laurie Collett Says: April 19, 2014 4:45 pm

He is risen! Alleluia! Thanks for hosting & Happy Easter!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Ordinary Things; Extraordinary Purpose

14. Heather Says: April 20, 2014 6:35 am

The beauty of Risen!
    Bless you on this Easter glorious day, Barbie!

15. lisha epperson (@seespkhearmama) Says: April 20, 2014 9:58 am

woke up with this in my heart this morning…thought I’d share…Jesus is Alive by Ron Kenoly
    Happy Resurrection Day Barbie!
    Hallelujah
    Jesus is alive
    Death has lost its victory
    And the grave has been denied
    Jesus lives forever
    He’s alive! He’s alive!
    lisha epperson (@seespkhearmama) recently posted..Resurrection Epiphany

16. Larri @ Seams Inspired Says: April 20, 2014 10:53 am

Stopping by to wish you a Happy Resurrection Day, Barbie!

We say, “Χριστός ἀνέστη! Ἀληθῶς ἀνέστη!” (Christos Anesti! Alithos Anesti!) which is Greek for “Christ is Risen! Truly, He is Risen!”

Love this day b/c it renews my spirit. I can feel the hope bubbling up inside me. Makes me want to jump up and shout His praises. :)
    Larri @ Seams Inspired recently posted..Resurrection Sunday Sewing

17. Holly Barrett Says: April 20, 2014 3:10 pm

It was a lovely Easter spent remembering Jesus at church with my daughter and her babies, eating a wonderful Easter lunch, and taking pictures of the grands. Hope your day was fabulous too, Barbie!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..I have seen the Lord

• Barbie Says: April 20, 2014 9:26 pm

Had a wonderful morning teaching our preschoolers about the resurrection of Jesus, having an Easter Egg hunt and making Resurrection Rolls. Then I cooked dinner for my parents. Have a blessed week!