Sometimes life catches you off guard, and you have to fight to keep your perspective. As seasons change, it’s easy for me to fall into the “what if’s” and “if only’s”. But staying there in that place minimizes the promise of the power of God in my life. Reflecting on what could have been, or even what might be, good or bad, steals away the now moments and clouds my vision of the work that God is doing in my life right at this moment.
When life gets hard, and fear tries to creep in, I only have one place to go and that’s straight into the arms of Jesus. Only there is confusion silenced and fear laid to rest.
[Tweet “Faith is restored under the shadow of His wings.”]
And there He reassures me of His goodness and of His promises over my life.
I will choose to believe that He is good and that He has good things for my life.
I will remember how far He has brought me, and that He said He would never leave me.
Today I will choose to look upon His goodness through the eyes of faith.
What promises of God are you clinging to today?
Now it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Barbie (see all)
- Reflections on Destiny - November 18, 2015
- Caregiving Is A Gift // Guest Post by Barbara London - November 17, 2015
- Embracing Life’s Transitions // Week Two - November 17, 2015