As a mom with an elementary aged child, I like to keep Bible reading fun and interesting. Although my 10 year old son loves to read the Bible, I find that I am always looking for new designs that will keep his attention and make Him want to read even more.
I was excited for the opportunity to review The Big Picture Interactive Bible from B&H Kids.
About this Bible.The Big Picture Interactive Bible has nearly a thousand features in full color throughout including pictures of key items so children can understand what they’re reading. The B&H Kids Augmented Reality App (free and available for Android and iPhone) creates a digital pop-up book when used with full-color illustrations, bringing the Bible to life for each child. It features the full text of the Holman Christian Standard Bible, a clear, contemporary English translation that’s faithful to the original languages of the Bible. Other features included are:
- Big Words – Colorful Bible Dictionary entry with photos, maps, illustrations and descriptions of key terms, right in the Bible text.
- Big Questions/Big Answers – Kids always want to know why. This feature asks and then answers many of the common “big questions” throughout the Bible.
- Christ Connection – This feature can be found from Genesis to Revelation and will help kids understand how each story points us to Christ and His work for us.
- Introductions – Basic information about the books of theBible will give kids perspective on the who, what and when for each book as well as “the Big Picture” from that book and key stories it contains.
- Icons – Special icons are placed throughout the Bible to connect to the Gospel Project for Kids curriculum.
- Memory Verses – Scripture memorization is much more than “saying the words.” When a child memorizes aBible verse and puts it to practice in their daily life, that child begins to learn how God can lead his life. The top 100 verses to remember are highlighted throughout theBible.
- Parent Connection – This feature is designed to help parents be empowered to engage deeper in the story with their kids.
- Seeing the Big Picture – This feature digs into key Biblestories to help young hearts and minds grasp the meaning and provide parents with extra information to discuss the Bible with their kids.
The cover of this Bible is very soft and durable with a leather feel. The illustrations are beautiful and really sparked my 10-year old’s interest. One of the coolest things about this Bible is that there are icons on all of the full length pictures. You can scan them using the B&H Kids Augmented Reality App on your iPhone or Android device, and the picture “comes to life” as it pops up on the page and a short narration of the topic follows. This is a great way for a young reader to hear a small portion of a Bible story in a fun way.read more